Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my second blog, “2013 Marine Biology”
The first one, “2012 Big Fish Year” was relatively successful with currently over 2,100-pageviews.  I welcome any readers that have come over after having viewed that blog.
Not sure where this one will lead to. Certainly a focus on local marine biology.
Last year I was singularly focused on seeing as many species of fish as possible in the wild. By the end of the year, I ended up seeing 109-different types of fish. So far in 2013, I have seen three types.
I haven’t been idle however.
For about a month, I have been hoofing down the hill to Newport (Rhode Island) Harbor and peering into the water from the floating docks. It is a strange, alien world that I have been observing.
Here are some photos.   




The first two are: one-armed hydromedusae (Hybocodon prolifer)
The third is: clapper hydromedusae (Sarsia tubulosa)

The one-armed photographs were taken by my friend Dann. He has a really nice camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment